What makes these outfits work so well on camera? Here are a few spring/summer engagement session outfit guide tips and tricks for camera-ready looks!
1. Think neutral tones and soft colors! These photograph best and are complimentary to my style of photography!
2. Men, when in doubt…go with a solid button down! Make sure your shirts are form fitting and not too big on you. Slim fit pants and shirts tend to look best and be the most flattering!
- Flowy dresses are AMAZING. Forever and always! Think of how something will look while you’re walking! Does it have movement? Movement looks beautiful on camera! Flowy dresses, skirts, etc are the way to go!! Does it twirl? If the answer is YES then you are golden!
Don’t be afraid to add some extra POP to your outfit. Make it your own! I love me some hats, costume jewelry, vintage finds, etc!!
3. Make sure your outfits are not see through and are wrinkle free. This is VERY important!
4. Avoid REALLY bright and harsh colors. Bright intense colors seems fun, but they can reflect a that light onto your face and alter skin tones. You do not want this! Keep it muted, and avoid the neon and super strong colors.
- Manicured nails. It’s best to keep your nails clean &/or polished for the session. Gotta get that ring shot!!
Here are some muted color examples, all very complimentary to each other!